Our Curriculum - Additional Needs
St Mary's employs a Student Support teacher two and a half days per week to support teachers with students who have recognised learning disabilities. These students are usually identified at enrolment and may be eligible for funding for support by an Education Assistant.
Classroom teachers and the Additional Needs Teacher are also available to meet with parents to discuss the best way to support their child with any learning difficulties.
The school provides support for students needing learning support through:
- Provision of a Student Support Teacher
- Trained Education Assistants to work with Integrated students
- School based one-on-one assessments when requested
- Assistance provided for teachers in the form of programs of work and/or resources
- Consultation with recognised therapy providers and community support groups